Re: [midatlanticretro] Question about Sridhar's 5155

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2008
      Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
      B Degnan wrote:

      http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
      Are these two high density drives?  The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
      1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?

      Yes, indeed.  Plus there's a hardcard in there.

      Did you use a PLUS hardcard?  What slot did you put it in?  The only one that I could use is the 1st slot, but I assumed that this is reserved for the CGA card.  I did not look this up to research.  I tried to fit a PLUS hardcard in slot 2 and 3, but there was no room.

      Bill
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2008
        B Degnan wrote:
        >>> http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
        >>> Are these two high density drives? The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
        >>> 1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?
        >>>

        >> Yes, indeed. Plus there's a hardcard in there.
        >>

        > Did you use a PLUS hardcard? What slot did you put it in? The only one
        > that I could use is the 1st slot, but I assumed that this is reserved
        > for the CGA card. I did not look this up to research. I tried to fit a
        > PLUS hardcard in slot 2 and 3, but there was no room.

        I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I don't actually know what kind it
        is or where it's located. I got the machine that way and haven't yet
        opened it.

        Peace... Sridhar