RE: [midatlanticretro] Question about Sridhar's 5155

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2008
      From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@...>
      Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 5:52 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Question about Sridhar's 5155

      B Degnan wrote:
      > http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
      > Are these two high density drives? The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
      > 1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?

      Yes, indeed. Plus there's a hardcard in there.

      > I just finished building one of my own from parts, but I am going with
      > the low density original 360 half height drive, and a high Density
      > 3.5'er. I will post pics soon. I plan to bring my version of this
      > system to the holiday event next month.

      Didn't you have one or two you had gotten from someone on my behalf? If
      so, I can pick them up then.

      Peace... Sridhar

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2008
        Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
        B Degnan wrote:

        http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
        Are these two high density drives?  The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
        1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?

        Yes, indeed.  Plus there's a hardcard in there.

        Did you use a PLUS hardcard?  What slot did you put it in?  The only one that I could use is the 1st slot, but I assumed that this is reserved for the CGA card.  I did not look this up to research.  I tried to fit a PLUS hardcard in slot 2 and 3, but there was no room.

        Bill
      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2008
          B Degnan wrote:
          >>> http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
          >>> Are these two high density drives? The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
          >>> 1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?
          >>>

          >> Yes, indeed. Plus there's a hardcard in there.
          >>

          > Did you use a PLUS hardcard? What slot did you put it in? The only one
          > that I could use is the 1st slot, but I assumed that this is reserved
          > for the CGA card. I did not look this up to research. I tried to fit a
          > PLUS hardcard in slot 2 and 3, but there was no room.

          I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I don't actually know what kind it
          is or where it's located. I got the machine that way and haven't yet
          opened it.

          Peace... Sridhar