Re: [midatlanticretro] Question about Sridhar's 5155

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2008
      B Degnan wrote:
      > http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
      > Are these two high density drives? The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
      > 1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?

      Yes, indeed. Plus there's a hardcard in there.

      > I just finished building one of my own from parts, but I am going with
      > the low density original 360 half height drive, and a high Density
      > 3.5'er. I will post pics soon. I plan to bring my version of this
      > system to the holiday event next month.

      Didn't you have one or two you had gotten from someone on my behalf? If
      so, I can pick them up then.

      Peace... Sridhar
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2008

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2008
          Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
          B Degnan wrote:

          http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
          Are these two high density drives?  The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
          1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?

          Yes, indeed.  Plus there's a hardcard in there.

          Did you use a PLUS hardcard?  What slot did you put it in?  The only one that I could use is the 1st slot, but I assumed that this is reserved for the CGA card.  I did not look this up to research.  I tried to fit a PLUS hardcard in slot 2 and 3, but there was no room.

          Bill
        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2008
            B Degnan wrote:
            >>> http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
            >>> Are these two high density drives? The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
            >>> 1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?
            >>>

            >> Yes, indeed. Plus there's a hardcard in there.
            >>

            > Did you use a PLUS hardcard? What slot did you put it in? The only one
            > that I could use is the 1st slot, but I assumed that this is reserved
            > for the CGA card. I did not look this up to research. I tried to fit a
            > PLUS hardcard in slot 2 and 3, but there was no room.

            I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I don't actually know what kind it
            is or where it's located. I got the machine that way and haven't yet
            opened it.

            Peace... Sridhar