Question about Sridhar's 5155

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2008
      Sridhar
      http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
      Are these two high density drives? The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
      1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?

      I just finished building one of my own from parts, but I am going with
      the low density original 360 half height drive, and a high Density
      3.5'er. I will post pics soon. I plan to bring my version of this
      system to the holiday event next month.

      Bill
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2008
        B Degnan wrote:
        > http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
        > Are these two high density drives? The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
        > 1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?

        Yes, indeed. Plus there's a hardcard in there.

        > I just finished building one of my own from parts, but I am going with
        > the low density original 360 half height drive, and a high Density
        > 3.5'er. I will post pics soon. I plan to bring my version of this
        > system to the holiday event next month.

        Didn't you have one or two you had gotten from someone on my behalf? If
        so, I can pick them up then.

        Peace... Sridhar
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2008

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2008
            Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
            B Degnan wrote:

            http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
            Are these two high density drives?  The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
            1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?

            Yes, indeed.  Plus there's a hardcard in there.

            Did you use a PLUS hardcard?  What slot did you put it in?  The only one that I could use is the 1st slot, but I assumed that this is reserved for the CGA card.  I did not look this up to research.  I tried to fit a PLUS hardcard in slot 2 and 3, but there was no room.

            Bill
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 8, 2008
              B Degnan wrote:
              >>> http://vintagecomputer.net/vcf5/VCFE5_exhibit_Ayengar.JPG
              >>> Are these two high density drives? The 5 1/4" looks like an AT HD 5
              >>> 1/4" drive, the other one may be 1.44, is it?
              >>>

              >> Yes, indeed. Plus there's a hardcard in there.
              >>

              > Did you use a PLUS hardcard? What slot did you put it in? The only one
              > that I could use is the 1st slot, but I assumed that this is reserved
              > for the CGA card. I did not look this up to research. I tried to fit a
              > PLUS hardcard in slot 2 and 3, but there was no room.

              I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I don't actually know what kind it
              is or where it's located. I got the machine that way and haven't yet
              opened it.

              Peace... Sridhar