Questbusters Newsletter

  • fairlanefastback
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2008
      Not sure if anyone on the list remembers this newsletter. I still
      have some copies from when I subscribed at the time. But I wanted to
      see if I could dig up more. They reviewed adventure games on
      computers of the time (the 80s), provided hints, etc.

      http://www.geocities.com/sensuari/QB1.html

      Most of the links on the page above are dead sadly.
    • Andrew Molloy
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
        On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 3:42 PM, fairlanefastback
        <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > Not sure if anyone on the list remembers this newsletter. I still
        > have some copies from when I subscribed at the time. But I wanted to
        > see if I could dig up more. They reviewed adventure games on
        > computers of the time (the 80s), provided hints, etc.
        >
        > http://www.geocities.com/sensuari/QB1.html
        >
        > Most of the links on the page above are dead sadly.

        I have a few issues (Vol 5, Nos. 7, 8, 10; Vol 6, No. 4; Vol. 7, No.
        1). I could scan them and send you PDFs. Maybe we could trade and you
        could send me your scans?

        What a great little newsletter Questbusters was--covered all the great
        role playing and adventure games of the 80s and 90s. I subscribed
        after seeing a postscard-sized advertisement in SSI's gold box game
        Pool of Radiance. If you like the old vintage RPGs be sure and check
        out the book Dungeons and Desktops: A History of Computer Role-Playing
        Games by Matt Barton. Love that book!

        Andy
      • fairlanefastback
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2008
          Hello Andy,

          I have:

          Volume V, #10 thru #12

          Volume VI, #1 thru #11

          I am pretty sure I found out about them the same way, though I never
          would have remembered that unless you had mentioned it. Thanks for
          mentioning the book. I will check it out. I'll try to start scanning
          some of the newsletters I have when I get a chance.

          Joe

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Molloy"