More good news from InfoAge

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
      So ... turns out the latest $25K donation will be used to put central air into building #9032 sections B and C ... which includes our computer museum area!!

      I don't know how long the process will take, i.e. if we'll have heat anytime this winter (probably not but we can use a simple electric space heater during open hours if necessary) or A/C by next summer.

      Dan R.: when this process is done you could reclaim the A/C that you gave us, or donate it to InfoAge, or let us sell it, etc.
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > So ... turns out the latest $25K donation will be used to put central air into building #9032 sections B and C ... which includes our computer museum area!!

        Does this include the room where the VCF east speakers were?

        Cheers,

        Bryan

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
          No, that's a seperate project in the main hotel building. This only applies to the second building which houses our computer museum, NJHDA, some facilities offices, and future exhibit space for electronic warfare and crypto exhibits.

          > So ... turns out the latest $25K donation will be used to put central air into building #9032 sections B and C ... which includes our computer museum area!!

          Does this include the room where the VCF east speakers were?

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          > I don't know how long the process will take, i.e. if we'll have heat anytime this winter (probably not but we can use a simple electric space heater during open hours if necessary) or A/C by next summer.
          >
          > Dan R.: when this process is done you could reclaim the A/C that you gave us, or donate it to InfoAge, or let us sell it, etc.

        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008

            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            So ... turns out the latest $25K donation will be used to put central air into building #9032 sections B and C ... which includes our computer museum area!!

            I don't know how long the process will take, i.e. if we'll have heat anytime this winter (probably not but we can use a simple electric space heater during open hours if necessary) or A/C by next summer.

            Dan R.: when this process is done you could reclaim the A/C that you gave us, or donate it to InfoAge, or let us sell it, etc.

            Evan,

            That's some great news about the Central Air !
            That A/C is yours to keep, whether InfoAge needs it or if you want to sell it.

            But I would suggest they use it for the Speaker room.
            That room gets might toasty during the summer when full of people.
            You might even need two of them in there.

            =Dan

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
              Hello all,

              I have one of these in the HP rack/cabinet; the operator's manual is
              included. It is free to a good home, pick up only in 06776.

              I rescued this about a year ago to use with a uVAX thinking it had a
              SCSI interface. Unfortunately it is HP-IB. The previous owner was a
              company in Bristol, CT, where I was assured the unit was working well
              when it was removed from service several years earlier. The tape drive
              and the cabinet are immaculate.

              So, HP fans, is there any interest? I'm offering it here first. It will
              go up on ccTalk in a few days so don't wait!

              Jim
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
                On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Jim Scheef wrote:

                > I rescued this about a year ago to use with a uVAX thinking it had a
                > SCSI interface. Unfortunately it is HP-IB. The previous owner was a
                > company in Bristol, CT, where I was assured the unit was working well
                > when it was removed from service several years earlier. The tape drive
                > and the cabinet are immaculate.

                The 7978A was commonly used with the later series HP3000 minicomputers,
                whose peripherals were mostly HP-IB based. I worked on them briefly
                around 1988. No vacuum columns on this one - it uses a buffer for tape
                tensioning.

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              • John Allain
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 7, 2008
                  > Unfortunately it is HP-IB.

                  Jim,
                  Didn't try it at all yourself?
                  You have a lot of HP. No IB hosts?
                  John A.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 19, 2008
                    John,

                    I recently obtained an HP Integral but I do not have any drivers for the
                    tape drive. In fact I have no Integral software at all at this point.
                    That is my only HP-IB host.

                    Jim