Re: [midatlanticretro] Vote for Marconi!

  • Ray Sills
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2008
      OK, I voted for Marconi. But, Carl Sagan was a tempting choice.

      73 de Ray

      On Oct 28, 2008, at 12:59 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > There's an organization (without any physical home) called the New
      > Jersey Hall of Fame -- not to be confused with InfoAge's
      > Broadcasters Hall of Fame. Anyway, it's election season for the NJ
      > group, and they* nominated Marconi in the "enterprise" category.
      > InfoAge is asking all of its supporters to vote for Marconi because
      > it would be good PR.
      >
      > http://www.njhalloffame.org/vote2008/voting3.php
      >
      > * Who is "they"...? We barely even know. InfoAge itself wasn't
      > involved in this. We found out about it by reading an article in
      > the local paper. Somewhat disturbing that this virtual
      > organization has a boatload of big corporate support while InfoAge
      > is struggling along ....
      >
      > ... Speaking of which, InfoAge is struggling a little bit less ....
      > last week New Jersey Natural Gas gave us a check for $25,000! Good
      > stuff.

    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2008

        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        Message
        InfoAge is asking all of its supporters to vote for Marconi because it would be good PR.

        * Who is "they"...?  We barely even know.  InfoAge itself wasn't involved in this.  We found out about it by reading an article in the local paper.  Somewhat disturbing that this virtual organization has a boatload of big corporate support while InfoAge is struggling along ....

        ... Speaking of which, InfoAge is struggling a little bit less .... last week New Jersey Natural Gas gave us a check for $25,000!

        CHA CHING !!!  - where's the party ???  :)
        Good stuff.

        I voted

        Now I hope 'they' know where to find the Marconi Company building too

        I think Carl Sagan should get inducted next year.

        =Dan
        [ Billions and Billions....................   ]