Re: Vote for Marconi!

  • fairlanefastback
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2008
      I voted for Marconi, and Abbott and Costello of course too!
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2008
        OK, I voted for Marconi. But, Carl Sagan was a tempting choice.

        73 de Ray

        On Oct 28, 2008, at 12:59 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > There's an organization (without any physical home) called the New
        > Jersey Hall of Fame -- not to be confused with InfoAge's
        > Broadcasters Hall of Fame. Anyway, it's election season for the NJ
        > group, and they* nominated Marconi in the "enterprise" category.
        > InfoAge is asking all of its supporters to vote for Marconi because
        > it would be good PR.
        >
        > http://www.njhalloffame.org/vote2008/voting3.php
        >
        > * Who is "they"...? We barely even know. InfoAge itself wasn't
        > involved in this. We found out about it by reading an article in
        > the local paper. Somewhat disturbing that this virtual
        > organization has a boatload of big corporate support while InfoAge
        > is struggling along ....
        >
        > ... Speaking of which, InfoAge is struggling a little bit less ....
        > last week New Jersey Natural Gas gave us a check for $25,000! Good
        > stuff.

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2008

          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          Message
          InfoAge is asking all of its supporters to vote for Marconi because it would be good PR.

          * Who is "they"...?  We barely even know.  InfoAge itself wasn't involved in this.  We found out about it by reading an article in the local paper.  Somewhat disturbing that this virtual organization has a boatload of big corporate support while InfoAge is struggling along ....

          ... Speaking of which, InfoAge is struggling a little bit less .... last week New Jersey Natural Gas gave us a check for $25,000!

          CHA CHING !!!  - where's the party ???  :)
          Good stuff.

          I voted

          Now I hope 'they' know where to find the Marconi Company building too

          I think Carl Sagan should get inducted next year.

          =Dan
          [ Billions and Billions....................   ]