RE: [midatlanticretro] Vote for Marconi!

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2008
      Message
      I forgot to mention: in the web site's fact sheet, it says:

      >>> State-of-the-art interactive, educational satellite museums are being planned in the northern, central and southern parts of the state in order to immortalize our legends and teach people about our great history. These museum sites will be educational destinations for families and school trips. In addition, plans are underway to create a mobile museum in order to take the Hall of Fame to school districts in all parts of New Jersey.

      In a recent meeting at InfoAge, we discussed volunteering some of our space (which will be massive once we get the H-buildings) for a sci-tech museum, per the description above, and/or maybe InfoAge could contribute to this other group's mobile museum.

      Anyway, for now, vote Marconi!

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2008
        I voted for Marconi, and Abbott and Costello of course too!
      • Ray Sills
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 28, 2008
          OK, I voted for Marconi. But, Carl Sagan was a tempting choice.

          73 de Ray

          On Oct 28, 2008, at 12:59 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > There's an organization (without any physical home) called the New
          > Jersey Hall of Fame -- not to be confused with InfoAge's
          > Broadcasters Hall of Fame. Anyway, it's election season for the NJ
          > group, and they* nominated Marconi in the "enterprise" category.
          > InfoAge is asking all of its supporters to vote for Marconi because
          > it would be good PR.
          >
          > http://www.njhalloffame.org/vote2008/voting3.php
          >
          > * Who is "they"...? We barely even know. InfoAge itself wasn't
          > involved in this. We found out about it by reading an article in
          > the local paper. Somewhat disturbing that this virtual
          > organization has a boatload of big corporate support while InfoAge
          > is struggling along ....
          >
          > ... Speaking of which, InfoAge is struggling a little bit less ....
          > last week New Jersey Natural Gas gave us a check for $25,000! Good
          > stuff.

        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 29, 2008

            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            Message
            InfoAge is asking all of its supporters to vote for Marconi because it would be good PR.

            * Who is "they"...?  We barely even know.  InfoAge itself wasn't involved in this.  We found out about it by reading an article in the local paper.  Somewhat disturbing that this virtual organization has a boatload of big corporate support while InfoAge is struggling along ....

            ... Speaking of which, InfoAge is struggling a little bit less .... last week New Jersey Natural Gas gave us a check for $25,000!

            CHA CHING !!!  - where's the party ???  :)
            Good stuff.

            I voted

            Now I hope 'they' know where to find the Marconi Company building too

            I think Carl Sagan should get inducted next year.

            =Dan
            [ Billions and Billions....................   ]