RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Chill

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 26, 2008
      >>> Must be Yahoo's way of telling you to LET IT GO ALREADY.

      >> Piss off Evan, really. Don't write to me in CAPS with orders. Got
      it?

      Several respected senior MARCHins wrote to me and said you, along with Stan,
      were/are really getting on their nerves. Don't bother getting into a flame
      war with me because you will lose .... and because I have a "ban" button and
      you don't.
    • fairlanefastback
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 26, 2008
        wrote:

        > >> Piss off Evan, really. Don't write to me in CAPS with orders.
        Got
        > it?
        >
        > Several respected senior MARCHins wrote to me and said you, along
        with Stan,
        > were/are really getting on their nerves. Don't bother getting into
        a flame
        > war with me because you will lose .... and because I have a "ban"
        button and
        > you don't.

        Its not my fault the system posted a message three days after it was
        sent, which you can see in the message header. I only replied to it
        saying it was strange so it would not confuse anyone. And then you
        reply in CAPS. It was not some fresh new message, There was nothing
        to let go. And my message at the time was asking you all to try to
        bury whatever hatchet you guys had to boot. Certainly that can't be
        all that controversial. Sure you have a ban button. You are the only
        one talking about a flame war. Not sure what your declaration about
        winning is supposed to be all about, nor your making this something
        for your entire mailing list if you have some issue. If you do why am
        I hearing about it only on the entire public list for the first time?
        CAPS is yelling Evan. Being a moderator you can choose to be rude if
        you want, but I haven't done anything like this to you to deserve
        such. And you have had my email address for some time. You could of
        conversed with me directly if there was some list of "senior respected
        Marchins" with issues right? You might want to ponder this a bit if
        you want to really be fair about it.
      • Brian Cirulnick
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 27, 2008
          wrote:

          > >> Piss off Evan, really. Don't write to me in CAPS with orders.
          Got
          > it?
          >
          > Several respected senior MARCHins wrote to me and said you, along
          with Stan,
          > were/are really getting on their nerves.
          ---------------------

          Is it just me or does it seem that an awful lot of nerds here have
          really thin skins? Maybe we all need to put a smiley emoticon to the
          end of every sentence???

          I thought after years of being beaten up by the jocks, we'd all have
          developed the ability to shrug off a nasty-gram or two.

          Sheesh people, get a life. Or become adults.

          And the fact that *I* even have to say this, is really telling.

          ttyl :-)
          Brian C.
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 27, 2008
            I will re-iterate.

            Do not post any non-vintage computing-related messages to the entire
            group. If you have issue with a person's tone or become offended by
            something, send the person a direct message or contact Evan, myself, or
            another moderator privately. Please avoid replies to non-topical posts,
            if you must reply to a non-topic post send the person a direct message.
            Yes, the board and long-time members of this group have earned some
            extra latitude.

            Do not reply to this message, thank you.