Ok - here's what I will bring to the 12/6 event part 1

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2008
      What Bill is bringing to 12/6

      1. Dan, Kelly, and possibly Herb are bringing me computers so I have to
      be careful about what I bring up so that I have room on the return
      trip. I am only going to bring items to give away/trade that I don't
      plan to bring back with me!

      2. I am assuming Jim is bringing the Commodore PETs and IEEE
      drives...Please remember to bring the cables that came with it, as these
      are very hard to come by. Specifically you need the cable with the flat
      "pet" connector one one end and the IEEE 488 connector on the other.
      I have never seen anyone successfully manufacture their own replacement
      of this cable, but people are welcome to try. They sell on Ebay for
      more than $100 sometimes for a reason.

      3. I will bring a Commodore PET IEEE fix-it shop to get Jim's donation
      items running again, with some spare parts of my own. I will bring my
      own cables for testing purposes, but I will need to take it back with
      me. This way we'll have a working PET/IEEE system that we can use to
      test the unknown condition stuff. The MARCH PET 2001-8 is so old that
      it does not have the ROMs to manage a disk drives!

      4. I will bring a tricked-out IBM 5155 portable. I will include
      diagnostics and software to assist anyone with an IBM or IBM clone. I
      hope by 12/6 for it to have a 1.44 3.5" drive installed for easy file
      transfer.

      5. I can't bring everything that I could potentially give away or
      trade. I am however slowly separating these items by carting to my
      Wilmington office each day when I go to work. My office is about 1.75
      hours south of InfoAge. I will take some pictures, post them here, and
      then people can let me know what interests them. Before then persons
      are always welcome to pop over before to see what's there for
      themselves. CGA/mono monitors, 286/386/486 parts, memory, non-working
      systems with serviceable parts, etc.