Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: I may be onto a Mac Performa 631CD

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 30, 2005
      in my opinion, vintage macs consist of the IIs and
      earlier machines. Some would even balk at stuff that
      late, but I would include the II, IIX, and IIFX in
      that they represent Apples foray into color. Possibly
      there were add on cards for the SE with which you
      could drive a big juicy external color monitor (and
      have the mono mini me mac alongside). But then again
      the SE may have been released at the same time as the
      II. And Ill give someone a dollar if they can tell me
      what HMMU stands for :D
      --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      <macmothership@...> wrote:
      > The last of the Quadra line, the Quadra 630 was
      introduced in June
      > 1994. The 630 was a
      > hybrid of a Quadra and an LC in a sleek new case. It
      had an internal
      > IDE hard drive (the
      > 630 was the first Mac to use the IDE bus), and an
      optional CD-ROM
      > drive. It sold for
      > $1,200, and was also released as the LC 630, and the
      Performa 630,
      > 630CD, 631CD,
      > 635CD, 636, 636CD, 637CD, 638CD, and 640CD, each of
      which was bundled
      > with
      > different software, accessories, monitors, and hard
      drives (some
      > Performas had a
      > 68LC040, and several were also available with
      several x86-based DOS
      > cards). The Quadra
      > 630 was discontinued in August 1995.
      >
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com,
      "macmothership"
      > <macmothership@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Scott,
      > >
      > > Free is a good price! 8) I wouldn't pay more than
      maybe $25.00 for

      Austin <us21090@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > All,
      > > >
      > > > I've come across an old Mac Performa 631CD. He
      claims all cables,
      > > > monitor,
      > > > keyboard, mouse are there and work just well,
      using Mac OS 8.1
      > with
      > > 40
      > > > MB memory.
      > > >
      > > > I don't collect Mac's, but is this a "rare
      find"?

      > > > Scott Austin

      protection around
      > > > http://mail.yahoo.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 30, 2005
        On Jul 30, 2005, at 7:37 PM, Chris M wrote:
        <snip>

        > II. And Ill give someone a dollar if they can tell me
        > what HMMU stands for :D
        > --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

        Hardware Memory Management Unit. : )

        Put the buck into the treasury.

        73 de Ray
      • chrism3667
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6, 2005
          > Hardware Memory Management Unit. : )
          >

          > Put the buck into the treasury.
          >

          > 73 de Ray

          Nope. Hochsprung Memory Management Unit. Shame on y'all :D