Re: Kelly -- re: your TRS display

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "evan947" <evan947@y...>
      wrote:

      > I forget if we discussed this, but I can bring a Model 100.

      Yep. We discussed it. I also have a 102 I can bring along. That would
      make it:

      Model 16B with 50 Meg internal hard drive
      Model 4P with 40Meg external hard drive (and right now, external
      floppies).
      Model 200
      Model 102

      and

      The PC 5155 (the IBM "sewing machine" luggable).

      Anybody interested in a Tandy Model 1000sx (just a fancy XT), or how
      about a Model II (precursor to the 16/6000)? If I have time, I can
      probably get these working too.

      I have a Model 600 portable also, but it has been UPSed to death. Its
      case is in about 500 little pieces, and I don't have time to re-build
      it.

      Kelly
    • evan
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
        If you're looking to save time (and not confuse attendees), you might consider
        foregoing the IBM, and just making an all-Tandy display.

        I went on eBay this week and bought a Model 100 instruction manual; didn't have
        one.

        Also, I planned to use my TRS-80 Pocket Computer 1 in the handhelds display,
        but instead I'll add that one to your table. (I can bring a Panasonic "Hand
        Held Computer" to represent the same era for my handhelds display.)

        Soon, the TCF guy will send me a floorplan of our space, then we can start
        really organizing an intelligent layout. It's great that we have so many
        different 'theme' tables in progress -- Apple (all the way from my Apple 1
        replica to the // models to the Lisa, Mac, and Newton); this Tandy display
        coming together; a Spacewar display (hopefully showing the same game running on
        a PDP-8, 2600, and a modern emulator); Bill's 'Woodies' display; etc. (if the
        PDP-8 approach doesn't work out, then I'll place my 2600 with the other Atari
        computers.)

        --- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "evan947" <evan947@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I forget if we discussed this, but I can bring a Model 100.
        >
        > Yep. We discussed it. I also have a 102 I can bring along. That would
        > make it:
        >
        > Model 16B with 50 Meg internal hard drive
        > Model 4P with 40Meg external hard drive (and right now, external
        > floppies).
        > Model 200
        > Model 102
        >
        > and
        >
        > The PC 5155 (the IBM "sewing machine" luggable).
        >
        > Anybody interested in a Tandy Model 1000sx (just a fancy XT), or how
        > about a Model II (precursor to the 16/6000)? If I have time, I can
        > probably get these working too.
        >
        > I have a Model 600 portable also, but it has been UPSed to death. Its
        > case is in about 500 little pieces, and I don't have time to re-build
        > it.
        >
        > Kelly

        =====
        Evan's personal homepage: www.snarc.net

        *** Tell your friends about the Computer Collector Newsletter!
        - It's free and we'll never send spam or share your email address
        - Publishing every Monday(-ish), ask about writing for us
        - We're approaching 700 readers: win a prize!
      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, evan <evan947@y...> wrote:
          > If you're looking to save time (and not confuse attendees), you
          > might consider foregoing the IBM, and just making an all-Tandy
          > display.

          I was hoping to use the IBM as a terminal to the Tandy. I can't run
          Scripsit on it, but I can do just about everything else. However,
          since I may only be coming for the first day (I'm still working out
          the timing) then I will probably leave it (the convertable) behind
          and use the Model 4 or the 200 as the terminal.

          I can't wait to meet the others. I have a bunch of stuff to swap, and
          hope to make some contacts there for passing on my "spares" at a
          later date. I'm not bringing a buch of swapping stuff due to the
          concearns of the TCF hosts. I don't want anyone thinking I'm there
          doing business. I know how touchy people can get at events like this.

          As and update, for those who know the old Tandy Xenix machines, this
          is what I have running:

          Xenix 3.2
          Xenix Development System 3.1.1
          filePro Plus 1.0 - database
          Scripsit - word processor
          Multiplan - spread sheet (yes, it's Microsoft)
          Games from the install disk - adventure and others
          MBasic - Microsofts multiuser basic for Xenix

          I almost have the Unify database running. I don't have the install
          media for this so I'm trying to patch it together from old backups.
          It's a gas trying to tar off from 8" disks. I'm suprised most of them
          still work.

          For the model 4 I was thinking of Dancing Demon, Scripsit, some
          terminal program, and one of the Scott Adams adventures. Any other
          suggestions for the Model 4?

          I don't have any software running on the 200 or the 102. Any
          suggestions? Maybe use this as a rudimetary terminal to the Xenix
          machine?

          What about the 1000sx? Any interest in that, or should I just leave
          it behing.

          One more thing....
          Someone mentioned "lucite" information holders for a page about the
          display. Where can I get a couple for my display? I'd like one per
          machine if possible. What size are they?

          Kelly
        • evan
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
            I think you can get those info holders at any office store, like Staples or
            whatever.

            =====

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2005
              Ah, this is what I'm thinking of:
              http://www.displays2go.com/product.asp?ID=542

              Any decent office supply store has them.

              =====