Re: [midatlanticretro] More details about Aug. 13

  • ahm
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2005
      On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 04:58:16PM -0400, Evan wrote:
      > A reminder: anyone who's coming should bring an electric fan!!
      > If we each bring one, and point them straight at our computers
      > (and our bodies), then it should be a tolerable day.

      I guess I missed the details about where we're supposed to set up...
      Is we outside? Or inside with no air-conditioning?
      In either case and given a temperature similar to that of this week,
      "tolerable" is not the adjective that comes to mind.

      Andy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2005
        Andy,

        We are inside with no A/C. Tables will be available when we set up and chairs
        will be available after the ceremony and speeches. Follow Evan's advice and
        bring a fan - the bigger the better!

        Jim

        --- ahm <ahm@...> wrote:

        > On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 04:58:16PM -0400, Evan wrote:
        > > A reminder: anyone who's coming should bring an electric fan!!
        > > If we each bring one, and point them straight at our computers
        > > (and our bodies), then it should be a tolerable day.
        >
        > I guess I missed the details about where we're supposed to set up...
        > Is we outside? Or inside with no air-conditioning?
        > In either case and given a temperature similar to that of this week,
        > "tolerable" is not the adjective that comes to mind.
        >
        > Andy

      • Evan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27, 2005
          It's indoors, there is no A/C ... I don't know if there are windows ... that is why we should all bring as many fans as possible!

          The current heat wave is supposed to be gone soon.