project for early '09

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
      I'd like us to begin evaluating one of our 11/05 minis. As Herb pointed out, of all our minis, we probably have the best shot at restoring one of these to demo status.
    • mspatoray@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
        Here is an idea for a real neat demo.

        It would require a pdp-11/70 and soime specail hardware.

        In the late 70's the first non linear audio editing systm was developed for the pdp-11 it was used for all the "soundstream" digital recordings for RCA and Telarc.

        This might be impossible to do but it would be really neat, as most people only think a macintosh running "protools" or a pc running "cool edit" are the only non linear audio editing systems.

        Matt Patoray

        Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Cellular One

        From: "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
        Date: 12 Oct 2008 08:54:00 -0400
        To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [midatlanticretro] project for early '09

        I'd like us to begin evaluating one of our 11/05 minis. As Herb pointed out, of all our minis, we probably have the best shot at restoring one of these to demo status.

      • Sridhar Ayengar
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
          mspatoray@... wrote:
          > Here is an idea for a real neat demo.
          >
          > It would require a pdp-11/70 and soime specail hardware.

          I have more than one functional PDP-11/70 I wouldn't minding lending for
          this purpose.

          But do you think we could power it?

          Peace... Sridhar
        • mspatoray@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
            My mistake it was a pdp-11 60 that was used.

            I still think it would be cool.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
              mspatoray@... wrote:
              > My mistake it was a pdp-11 60 that was used.

              That machine is fairly rare.

              Peace... Sridhar