A VintageComputer.net Inquiry

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2008
      Art,
      I am not personally interested in your offer to trade 386, 486, and
      pentium computers in exchange for my spare '82 or earlier issues of DDJ
      (Doctor Dobb's Journal) or working Cromemco power supply, but I will
      forward your request to to see if anyone would be willing to trade early
      Doctor Dobbs Journal magazines, or spare Cromemco System III cases or
      power supplies for 386, 486 or early Pentium computers. Good Luck.
      Bill

      granz_consult@... wrote:
      > VintageComputer.net Inquiry
      >
      > Contact Information
      >
      > Name: Art G. Granzeier III
      > Email: granz_consult@...
      > Phone: 412-403-6118
      > -------------------------
      > Comments: I have recently started gathering old computers that either I owned previously or had some relationship with. I enjoyed your chronicle of the Cromemco System 3 that you received. I am now working on trying to build a System 3 of my own - I have all the cards (they require work) and the card cage and motherboard, but I do not have the case nor the power supply. I would also appreciate any copies of DDJ up to about 1981-2 that you may have duplicates of (including machine readable - if that is allowed). I have several old PCs from 386-486s up to low-level pentiums that I could send in trade. Please let me know what is still available.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Art
      >
      > VintageComputer.net

    • Stan Brewer
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2008
        Is there much of a demand for old DDJ's?
        I have a stack I was going to list on ebay before they got weird with demanding the use of paypal by sellers.
        But, I've got too many 386-PentI's to want to trade that way.  Now a working VT-100 would get my interest.

                                       Stan