RE: [midatlanticretro] Saturday, July 23

  • William Pechter
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2005
      Don't count on Ft. Monmouth closing. They beat the BRAC commission
      back in '88, 93 and they could do it again and remain in place.

      It's been a while since I worked there (about '93 IIRC)
      The amount of interesting antique computer stuff was quite nice (but
      most has probably been scrapped).

      The Myers Center had Plato terminals and a CDC 6600 IIRC...
      They also had a number of interesting boxes like the BBN Butterfly...

      A pile of Vax and PDP's including a Straight Posibus PDP8 that was
      running in the Satcom area as late as '88... Don't know if it's still
      there but that's a great exhibit if it ever gets available in a base
      closing.

      Bill

      --- Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:

      > sorry for the divergence. Though unfortunate for the
      > surrounding community, won't the closing of Fort
      > Monmouth present some unique oppurtunities for the
      > vintage collector? Or has this already been discussed?
      >
      > --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Great! Can you make it on July 23?
      > >
      > > _____

      =30th+anniversary&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&w5=Swap+meet&c=5
      > > &s=105&.sig=QM0hvMZiYa-7CzLVaYw-uQ> computer 30th

      =30th+anniversary&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&w5=Swap+meet&c=5
      > > &s=105&.sig=jQj2GkQMOlbp-6FXRaJpTg> anniversary
      > > Computer

      2=30th+anniversary&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&w5=Swap+meet&c=

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs