Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OS/2 1.2/1.3 disks

  • madodel
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 9, 2008
      Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
      > john_apw wrote:
      >> Not that I'm prejudiced or anything, but I used to complain that OS/2
      >> should have been advertised as "the world's largest licensed
      >> virus"... :)
      >
      > I think that applies to Windows more correctly.
      >
      > OS/2 was superior to the contemporary version of Windows every step of
      > the way.
      >
      > Peace... Sridhar

      What is interesting is that it was so well thought out that even without
      the source, OS/2 is still being extended so it can run on current hardware.
      Pretty good for an operating system that hasn't had a new public
      version since 1999 (Warp Server eBusiness) and limited available releases
      in 2000 and 2001 (Merlin Convenience Packages 1 and 2). eComStation is
      based on that last MCP release, but they have it booting off of CD and
      flash drives and even bootable JFS. Biggest issues are the lack of a
      current Flash player and current Java port.

      Mark (Typing this on a Thinkpad T61 running eCS 2.0 RC4)