no bids on awesome desk-o-stuff

  • mejeep deMeep ferret
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2008
      The cctech list mentioned this lovely mission-control like console that
      would be AWESEOME to have running again:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170268552316
      Aesthedes computer system with peripherals.

      12 hours to go, no bids!
      Perhaps he'd donate it but it's time critical :-(
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2008
        Ships to: Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping).
        Item location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2008
          mejeep deMeep ferret wrote:
          > The cctech list mentioned this lovely mission-control like console that
          > would be AWESEOME to have running again:
          >
          > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170268552316
          > Aesthedes computer system with peripherals.
          >
          > 12 hours to go, no bids!
          > Perhaps he'd donate it but it's time critical :-(

          I would've picked it up if it had been closer.

          Peace... Sridhar
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
            mejeep deMeep ferret wrote:
            > The cctech list mentioned this lovely mission-control like console that
            > would be AWESEOME to have running again:
            >
            > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170268552316
            > Aesthedes computer system with peripherals.
            >
            > 12 hours to go, no bids!
            > Perhaps he'd donate it but it's time critical :-(

            From the information I found on the web, its original list price is
            $300,000 and was used for graphic design. See
            http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3065/is_v16/ai_4682927/pg_3

            Sounds like a very expensive Amiga to me! ;-) I wonder if it was 68000
            based...

            Cheers,

            Bryan
          • fairlanefastback
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
              Maybe Briel Computers can pick it up and meet you half way for you to
              get it? hehe

              :)

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Sridhar Ayengar