"Clamshell computer" - RoadRunner (was Re: new member intro)

  • john_apw
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2005
      Evan,
      Thanks for the supplemental info; I've grabbed a copy. Of particular
      interest to me was that the cartridges have a lithium battery. This
      explains why they are still holding data from 10 years ago! I'll
      have to update the description file...

      I don't know whether anyone has developed a standard format for
      describing "unknown" machines, so I just did what comes naturally,
      but I'm wondering whether it was useful to the group. Too much? Too
      little? Not enough of the right kinds of info?

      In other words, if I had to do this again, how could it be better?

      So, were you able to connect wiht Mr. Dunn? I look forward to
      hearing about it!

      -John

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:
      > I found a couple of references on the web saying that MicroOffice
      was
      > founded by James P. Dunn, who worked as recently as last year at a
      place
      > called the Center for Technology Commercialization, with offices
      throughout
      > the northeast. Makes sense, since the address for MicroOffice
      listed in an
      > article I found from 1984 is Fairfield, Connecticut. I will call
      this CTC
      > place tomorrow and see if Dunn can shed some light on his gadget.
      >
      > _____

      (Wouldn't be