      From: Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF Marketplace - Details?
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, September 8, 2008, 11:45 PM

      How? As longs as the funds go back to the museum, I dont see this broken. Then again I am not a lower.

      http://icom. museum/ethics. html#section2

      2.16 Income from Disposal of Collections
      Museum collections are held in public trust and may not be treated as a realisable asset. Money or compensation received from the deaccessioning and disposal of objects and specimens from a museum collection should be used solely for the benefit of the collection and usually for acquisitions to that same collection. .