9275Re: Last Request: HHGttG Manual in PDF or something

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Aug 31, 2008
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Giliberti"
      <Starbase89@...> wrote:

      > Nothing here.
      > I'll probably end up using something more modern. Its really more
      important
      > that I find the manual.

      -------------------------------

      Joe;

      It looks like this site:
      http://gallery.guetech.org/hhgttg/hhgttg.html
      has the manual as images you can load up and print out

      As for a PC with VGA out, I have an IBM PS/2 3630(????) or something,
      which is a 386 16mhz micro-channel tower with a whopping 2 MB of ram.
      And it weighs a lot. (3.5 inch floppy only)

      Everything else I have is either CGA or too new to appear vintage.

      As for the CP/M versus DOS debate, I doubt anyone here actually *likes*
      Bill Gates... But, to quote someone else, the reason Microsoft is
      successful and other characters/companies in the history of computers
      have failed is because those guys made more mistakes than Microsoft did.

      Building a better mousetrap doesn't really mean the world will beat a
      path to your door. Didn't anyone here ever see the movie "Tucker"?

      ttyl
      Brian C.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic