9055Re: [midatlanticretro] Another Sunday, all welcome to help out...

  • Joe Giliberti
    Aug 16, 2008
      Me and possibly Jeff F./Rose should be available tomorrow. What time? 11a?

      Joe

      On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Ian King <iking@...> wrote:

      Well, sorry, I won't be in the area on Sunday.... :-)

      But I did want to ask a question that we were batting around today. We
      were commenting on what sorts of machines you see in people's individual
      collections - for instance, I have a VAX 6000-660, but not an 11/780 in
      large part because the latter machine pretty much requires three-phase
      power. But what we were curious about was: does anyone in the
      hobbyist/collector community have an IBM 360? I knew a guy who was
      proud of his 1401, and I've seen restoration stories about various other
      systems, but not a 360.

      Thoughts? Thanks -- Ian

      On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 21:17 -0400, Evan wrote:
      > I'll be at the museum around noon this Sunday and could use 2 or 3
      > helpers. We are * very close * to being able to set up computers for
      > exhibiting! Just have to move a few more small-ish things. (I know
      > I've been saying that for months, but now it's pretty much true...)

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic