8871Re: SWTPc 6800 and Teletype Model ASR 33

  • Herb Johnson
    Jul 28, 2008
      "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to Bob Grieb and Dan Ragonti I mean.
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu0UTWh-HM4
      >

      > This video depicts me using an ASR 33 teletype as a terminal with an
      SWTPc
      > 6800 computer.

      Nice to see and hear the old iron and silicon at work again.

      It's interesting to me to see UTube videos and blogs about these
      microcomputers, versus the "old school" approach I use on my Web site.
      I have descriptions and documents, very few videos. My oldest content
      is pre-Internet: "here's a list of manuals, get a copy, read the
      manual, dammit!" No blogging, but I add links and content from others,
      even some condensed Usenet discussions.

      I think MARCH is useful in that it brings a variety of micro-computing
      people together, with different ways of presenting this history and
      technology. And I learn accordingly, how to present this material and
      what needs to be presented to today's audiences. That's a challenge
      for all of us, I believe, who work to show what we have.

      Herb Johnson
      old dog learns new tricks
      retrotechnology.com
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic