8711Re: [midatlanticretro] FW: VAX equipment

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Jul 18, 2008
      Jim Scheef wrote:
      > Ok, so we pass on this one. An easy decision given that no one wants to
      > find a truck.
      > Sridhar, is the 8700 something that we could reasonably expect to power
      > up and run from time to time? A newer VAX (pre-Alpha) would be a nice
      > contrast to the PDP's to show evolution of the species.

      I don't know. It depends on what kind of power will be available in the
      larger exhibit space. The larger exhibit space would definitely be
      required, as the machine is in the equivalent of four DEC wide racks.

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic