8545RE: [midatlanticretro] VCF exhibits

  • schwepes@moog.netaxs.com
    Jul 3, 2008
      This is fairly simple and only needs a period machine and not
      necessarily a classic. What it will do is, using open source
      programming and if possible, an 8086 though it might require
      a 286, this machine will access the internet, do word processing
      and some games.
      Instructions will be embedded in the autoexec file since I
      presume that freedos will provide the best OS for such a
      venture.
      I actually have the equipment I need. Getting the bloody
      software to work is the main issue.
      Just an idea. Not using a true classic would also ensure that
      if the machine has reached the end of its mortal coil, it is
      replacable.
      bs