8527Re: [midatlanticretro] Paypal

  • Ray Sills
    Jun 30, 2008
      Hi Gang:

      I guess there's good and bad about just about everything. For my
      part, I simply "funded" my PayPal balance via my checking account.
      That's also helped with redeeming funds from PayPal to the checking
      account. But, I don't usually carry a large balance in PayPal,
      usually just enough to handle small transactions with ham radio
      buddies, and stuff like that.

      When you sell something on ebay, and the buyer pays with PayPal (not
      uncommon).. if they buyer's account is funded with a credit card, then
      -you- the seller get to pay a fee to PayPal to handle the
      transaction. That does not happen if the buyer has funded the PayPal
      account with cash from a checking account.

      73 de Ray

      On Jun 30, 2008, at 1:50 AM, Stan Brewer wrote:

      > I must be walking in on this in the middle. Is PAYPAL giving
      > someone here a hard time?
      > I liked Paypal. I gave them my credit card number and used their
      > services. My credit card was their insurance that my payment was
      > good. As with any other vendor accepting my credit card.
      > Then, because I had spent the magic $2,000.00 with them, they
      > decided they not only wanted my credit card number (which had a low
      > balance and a credit limit much higher that $2,000.00), but also my
      > checking and savings account numbers!
      > Thus ended a good relationship.
      >
      > Stan
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic