8224Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP 11/40 in the guest room

  • Bill Degnan
    May 29, 2008
      nope...sorry.

      If you could imagine I had a series of three planks, used like a track. When I got to the end of the track, I picked up the planks and started the track over a little farther closer to the house. It took about 2 hours one plank at a time. I was very careful and slow about it. Finally when I got to the deck (which opens to the dining room), I had to make a gradual slope up three steps to the plane of the deck floor. I made a smaller ramp to get into the house. The easy part was wheeling the rack unit through the dining room and into the guest room. I estimate the total weight to be 250 lbs or more.

      My wife is quite tolerant.

      The whole point is to buy some time. I want to take the whole thing apart and transport to my work, next to the IBM Series 1. Before I do that I want to learn more about how the pieces fit together. Now I have the summer months and can take my time while I get ready for VCF E.

      Bill