7720Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH Exhibit Rooms at InfoAge

  • Dan Roganti
    Apr 3, 2008

      billdeg wrote:
      We were inspired by the Radio exhibit down the hall, but they
      presented a lot of good ideas for how we can construct our room exhibits.

      One thing that made the exhibits in Antique Radio club look really good, is the furniture they used as display stands for the exhibits, --and the glass display cases-- It certainly gave it that 'warmth' feeling when walking into a museum.

      We most likely couldn't duplicate that feeling within the next few months for the grand opening, but if a few small steps in that direction are taken, it could really help in the long run. I really think we should look into making use of the furniture in the basement rather than using flea market tables for the permanent exhibits. Then the velvet ropes idea will really sweeten the look too.I haven't inspected them closely to see if they were in disrepair, but maybe they just need a fresh coat of pledge wax to make them look good again.

      The glass display cases might be a long ways off before we find some really good stuff, but there's usually some quaint pieces of furniture (with some TLC) like this on craigslist thats kinda cheap--something I'm willing to donate one(via paypal) to the museum--. I just found a couple in Middletown,NJ-- but somebody would have to pick this up since I'm not local.
      http://cnj.craigslist.org/fur/627198832.html.
      http://cnj.craigslist.org/bfs/615641447.html

      just my thoughts
      =Dan