7406Re: [midatlanticretro] Ebay and Vintage Comp Sales (to keep this on topic)

  • Ryan Harvey
    Mar 5, 2008
      I honesly dislike eBay for their new rules, but as someone pointed out on here before(or was it the VC forums?), eBay is the way to go for higher net profit, and in times like these, I could use it. As for the 0 bidding problem, I have my auctions setup so that if you have too many negatives and not enough positive, or less than 5 positive feedback, you can't bid on my auction. Though I have noticed scammers are hacking into accounts with high feedback, bidding on crap, then playing off their scam.

      Even with the fact that we could all use a little extra cash, I now only turn to eBay as a last hope. Even on eBay, no one wanted my Tandy 1000SX with color Tandy monitor, keyboard, and joystick for $20. I was even offering accessories and DOS! Still, no bids. I am moving this summer, and can't take it with me. Hell, I have to dump my 1988 25" TV somewhere before I move, too! I am only getting rid of the Tandy because I never liked it from the start. I was just saving it from the dump. Maybe I will list it on here...never thought of that...

      --Ryan

      Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote:
      Well no..

      The real problems are now because so many people have
      burned each other, you have collateral damage.

      You have unscrupulous sellers who falsify what they
      sell, then you have buyers who fake bids to knock you
      out or are just stupid and dont know what they are
      doing.

      I had stuff for sale on Ebay, I was selling old games
      and other people are selling the same. So my stuff got
      bidded very high by a guy with 0 feedback. I thought
      this was odd. Needless to say it was a fake, I never
      got paid and had to repost, but it happened again. I
      complained to Ebay but they did nothing.

      So I sold it on craigslist. I probably made more money
      because I didn't have to pay fees.

      Brian has a lot more examples of this than I do.

      I really miss the OLD TCF when it was on that large
      college campus and there was a HUGE flea market and I
      would buy a space just to park inside. (yea I bought
      that much stuff, my new soon to be ex-wife would later
      on ask me what all this "crap" was)

      Sigh.

      http://cgi.ebay. com/ws/eBayISAPI .dll?ViewItem& rd=1&item= 270214790828

      > > Like everything else, you just have to know how to
      > work the system,
      > > take
      > > good pics, and avoid situations where you need to
      > contact Ebay.
      > > Phone
      > > support for a web site is not in the idiom for the
      > media.
      > >
      > > Bill

      > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?