7363Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: value of items at datalink

  • Bob Grieb
    Mar 3, 2008
      Bob,

      I was planning to join you if I am around,
      but it's not sounding good. When the guy refers
      to their systems as "rare" that's not a good sign.

      Bob

      http://cgi.ebay.com/Silicon-Graphics-SGI-Iris-Indigo-CMNB003-XS24-CHEAP_W0QQitemZ300164765916QQihZ020QQcategoryZ11223QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

      > Yea, if they are expecting $500/person.. Not much
      > reason to go.
      >

      > > I don't have a truck, don't collect rack-sized
      > > computers, and don't
      > > have space for them. I would not expect to buy $500
      > > in scrap value,
      > > even at today's HIGH PRICES FOR SCRAP. My impression
      > > is that the
      > > owner's representatives expect each participant to
      > > make a purchase of
      > > that amount or more. Therefore, I will not be going
      > > to the DataLink
      > > event, even to just look. That's contrary to my
      > > based on this information.
      > >
      > > I appreciate Bill and others who found and sized up
      > > this situation.
      > > Thanks to them.
      > >
      > > Herb Johnson
      > > retrotechnology.com