      Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 2:01 PM
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: value of items at datalink

      Er.. Is that what they are expecting?

      I thought that we were taking them off their hands
      before they went to scrap.

      Can we find out?

      Not to sound whiny.

      For one thing, I don't have $500.00

      Second the SGIs I saw are not huge Mini computers and
      are worth like $50.00 I can get them for that much on
      Ebay.

      http://cgi.ebay. com/Silicon- Graphics- SGI-Iris- Indigo-CMNB003- XS24-CHEAP_ W0QQitemZ3001647 65916QQihZ020QQc ategoryZ11223QQr dZ1QQssPageNameZ WD1VQQ_trksidZp1 638.m118. l1247QQcmdZViewI tem

      Yea, if they are expecting $500/person. . Not much
      reason to go.

      > I don't have a truck, don't collect rack-sized
      > computers, and don't
      > have space for them. I would not expect to buy $500
      > in scrap value,
      > even at today's HIGH PRICES FOR SCRAP. My impression
      > is that the
      > owner's representatives expect each participant to
      > make a purchase of
      > that amount or more. Therefore, I will not be going
      > to the DataLink
      > event, even to just look. That's contrary to my
      > based on this information.
      >
      > I appreciate Bill and others who found and sized up
      > this situation.
      > Thanks to them.
      >
      > Herb Johnson
      > retrotechnology. com