7348Re: Summary so far of requests from those whocannot make the DataLink Trip March 8th

  • Brian Cirulnick
    Mar 2, 2008
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Christian Liendo
      <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

      > I was checking out the SGI stuff.
      >
      > I used to repair those, and the indigo was on my eye.
      >
      > I would love to get my hands on an iris 1000
      --------------------

      I'm leaning towards going (what is the schedule for this event?
      Meeting there at 1pm? 10am? Midnight?), as I'm interested in some of
      the items, but $500 per "box" seems kind of steep, especially when
      you consider some of that stuff was going for $5 plus $50 shipping on
      eBay.

      I guess the trick is to pick the lightest items.

      Although it would be curious to see the scrapman justifying $200 for
      a HP Kayak, which I know for a fact is a standard Pentium II-based
      computer you can pick up at any garage sale for $10 (there are
      several here, under my desk at work, currently serving as foot-
      warmers).

      I'd like to go. I just need to get my ducks in a row regarding some
      other people I promised my Saturday to, so in the interests of me
      being everywhere all the time, what time is the get-together, so I
      can either have breakfast with my other group, and/or meet back with
      them later in the afternoon for my Volkswagen welding sessions.

      Thanks!!!
      Brian C.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic