6964Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Want to get back into this...

  • Christian Liendo
    Feb 4, 2008
      Memories!

      I used to fix SGIs in the 90s..

      I did training in the SGI building that is now housing
      the computer history museum in Mountain View CA. I did
      Origin 2000 and Onyx2 maintenance.

      I still have the complete manual set for Irix 6.2

      Hack, I still have a SGI jacket that when I wear
      people stop me about.

      When I did the training I took all these pictures of
      Silicon Valley, of Apple and Taligent and all the
      companies.. I went back about 2005 and took more
      pictures of all the places that closed.

      Weird.

      --- B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > > Introduction for anyone that doesn't know me: Hi,
      > I'm Brian
      > > Cirulnick, and my website is
      > http://www.obsolyte.com -- devoted to
      > > Vintage Workstations, although my collection 'o
      > crap also spans
      > > Commodore equipment, Apple II's, really old
      > "laptops" and the
      > > occasional thing that I can't readily identify.
      > >
      > > And Bill, I own a Volkswagen Vanagon... Can you
      > fill *that* up?
      > >
      > > ;-)
      > >

      > nice site. I know of a massive (massive) warehouse
      > full of surplus SUN,
      > Silicon Graphics, IBM RS6000, servers from the late
      > 80's early 90's if
      > anyone is interested in these beasts at rock-bottom
      > prices. Located in
      > South NJ. I have pics if interested. Let me know.
      > bd

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?