6826Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Might be picking up some DEC stuff

  • John Allain
    Jan 3, 2008
      > I just spoke to the woman who has the machines again. She said,
      > among other things, she has two complete DECMate systems. Do
      > these have any real relevance?

      Guess what? It's a PDP-8. Chip.
      There may be DECmates I haven't heard about but they were word processors
      from 100+ pounds down to maybe 25 pounds (including monitor) and used
      the PDP-8 architecture. The VT278 may be the most valueable. Be politely
      insistent on boot floppies.

      There are DEC fans everywhere, MARCH maybe could swap them for other things.

      John A.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic