6769Re: [midatlanticretro] A new MARCH idea...

    Dec 27, 2007
      <snip>

      In theory, we could even have a special bin for "MARCH Miscellaneous" .... magazines, software, game cartridges, even the occasional whole computer!  (But unless we decide otherwise, ALL items for sale will still have the profits go to MARCH and InfoAge ... it is WAY too complicated, paperwork-wise, to start a consignment shop.)  The beautiful part about this plan is that there's NO paperwork, whether of the traditional or digital kind, to keep track of other than how much money we make.

      I'm stoked.

      What do ya'll think?

      sounds fine.

      There's nothing stopping anyone from putting together a system that records what was sold if they're so inclined, but they have to donate the computer system too, and we should have it on-site.  I still like Jim's idea of setting up a vintage terminal / server at InfoAge to serve as our bookkeeping and guestbook system, mostly just for fun and tinkering.