6709Re: [midatlanticretro] Computer programmers

    Dec 7, 2007
      I think it makes perfect sense. Music is a coded language.

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@...>
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, December 7, 2007 10:51:44 PM
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Computer programmers

      Ray Sills wrote:
      > Since a good number of the group happen to be musicians...  I thought
      > you might be interested to hear that once upon a time I recall
      > reading an item that way back when IBM was first venturing into the
      > computer business, and looking for programmers to hire, they
      > discovered that -as a group- musicians tended to become the best and
      > most productive programmers they had.
      > Interesting, eh?

      I've heard this before.  I don't know if I completely buy it, because I
      suspect that it depends on the musicians involved.

      Still, I think part of its truth has to do with that creating music and
      creating code are actually not all that dissimilar.

      Peace...  Sridhar

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: