6613Re: Spare components
- Nov 30, 2007P.S. I may have a few boxes of hard drives for scrap. read on if
These are old IDE and SCSI drives, all 3.5-inch from various PC's and
Macs. All DEAD DEAD DEAD. But full of aluminum and those shiny brown
metal disks that artists sometimes ask me for, for free - like they
fall out of these drives without effort. But even the scrap dealer
doesn't want to tear them up for the metal. He has them now. Anyone
interested in a hundred or more drives, available near Trenton NJ?
Possibly more later, if they can really make regular use of them?
But read this:
1) NOT FOR FREE - it will take time and effort to provide these.
2) ALL OR NOTHING - can't pick and choose
3) MUST have immediate need - no hoarders or "rescuers".
4) NO SHIPPING - not worth it at about $1/drive just for shipping.
Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA
http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/ web site
http://www.retrotechnology.net/herbs_stuff/ domain mirror
my email address: hjohnson AAT retrotechnology DOTT com
if no reply, try in a few days: herbjohnson ATT comcast DOTT net
"Herb's Stuff": old Mac, SGI, 8-inch floppy drives
S-100 IMSAI Altair computers, docs, by "Dr. S-100"
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>