65Re: New to Group

  • evan947
    Feb 19, 2005
      Dan, thanks for joining us here.

      At TCF -- Trenton Computer Festival, as Andy noted -- our little club
      is going to have its very first event in the form of a vintage
      computer exhibit. The TCF's organizers kindly gave us some free space
      to use. So the dozen or so of us are each going to bring a couple of
      vintage computers, mostly in working condition. Since this year is
      the show's 30th anniversary, we expect our exhibit to be quite a hit,
      as people will get to reminisce about computing from roughly 30 years ago.

      If you think you might be able to attend, please let us know what
      you'll bring, to avoid redundancy.

      After TCF, we'll start planning other events -- maybe a swap meet,
      museum trips, social events, etc.

      Evan

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dan <ragooman@c...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm glad to find a newsgroup here that's very active in the Classic
      > computers. I've been collecting off and on for a number of years. I'm
      > originally from Long Island, but after a few jobs I'm now in
      Pittsburgh.
      > One of my first computers I built while in high school was the ELF.
      > Now that I'm settled here, I like to get back into dusting off my
      > machines, unbox them all and get them fired up and running again. I
      hope
      > this the place to get any valuable info.
      > I noticed there's some event coming soon ? , the TCF, not sure what
      > that is, but if somebody has a link to this, please send it. I might me
      > be able to make it there one time. Thanks for letting me join.
      >
      > thanks,
      > Dan
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic