6409Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: MAC SE used for art projects

    Nov 2 3:06 PM
      At 03:42 PM 11/2/2007 +0000, you wrote:
      > "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Take a look at this:
      > >
      >[Mac Classic painted orange and screen displays a Jack O Lantern]
      > > I don't know how many of you have a MAC with this chassis design,
      >but if
      > > you to, chances are it no longer works. They just take up space.
      > > are very hard to restore and the newer SE's are not worth much even
      >if they
      > > do work. You all know me as someone who avoids destroying an old
      > > for art's sake, but personally I waive this rule for the less-rare MAC
      > > SE's...anyone second that opinion? I am tempted to try something
      >like this
      > > myself, someone tell me I am making a mistake :-)
      >1) Bill, people have turned old "compact" Macs into acquariums,
      >terrariums, and doorstops for years. Artists have used "found art",
      >common objects as art elements, since the Dada movement in the early
      >20th century. Nothing you or I will say, will change that.

      I am aware of this...My point was that it goes against my nature to defile
      a computer in any way, but I am tempted to try something with a beyond-hope
      "compact" MAC, they're just so darn cute.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic