6395Re: [midatlanticretro] MAC SE used for art projects

  • Bryan Pope
    Nov 1 8:36 AM
      B. Degnan wrote:
      > Take a look at this:
      >
      > _http://www.popsci.com/popsci/how20/3432d549436f5110vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd/7.html
      >
      > _I don't know how many of you have a MAC with this chassis design, but
      > if you to, chances are it no longer works. They just take up space.
      > These are very hard to restore and the newer SE's are not worth much
      > even if they do work. You all know me as someone who avoids
      > destroying an old computer for art's sake, but personally I waive this
      > rule for the less-rare MAC SE's...anyone second that opinion? I am
      > tempted to try something like this myself, someone tell me I am making
      > a mistake :-)

      Ok, you are making a mistake... :) <duck> But according to the
      article, it looks like these machines are working as it says "a
      well-placed full-screen image (transferred via floppy disc, of course)."

      Cheers,

      Bryan

      > ¿ß¡¶ Dë¢ñ@ñ?

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic