6368Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Tangentally OT: Happy Birthday

  • Joe Giliberti
    Oct 29, 2007
      Thanks Everyone. Jim, I appreciate the offer, but I no longer have my microchannel equipment, and I never had a model 50, but I do appreciate the offer.

      Joe

      On 10/29/07, Herb Johnson <herbjohnson@...> wrote:

      "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      > Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
      >
      > Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
      > 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my
      > birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
      > wait staff at Chili's restaurant...

      Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
      Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
      old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
      Halloween = Christmas.

      and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
      PDP-10 product line.

      Herb Johnson
      retrotechnology.com

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic