6367Re: Tangentally OT: Happy Birthday

  • Herb Johnson
    Oct 29 8:54 AM
      "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:
      > Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
      > Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
      > 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my
      > birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
      > wait staff at Chili's restaurant...

      Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
      Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
      old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
      Halloween = Christmas.

      and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
      PDP-10 product line.

      Herb Johnson
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic