6160Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: 128K Mac restored for MARCH

    Oct 2, 2007
      At 11:03 AM 10/2/2007 +0000, you wrote:
      >The battery provides power for the real-time clock and CMOS settings
      >circuitry. I don't believe the original, recommended battery is
      >available anymore, but one can be made up from a few double A's.
      >
      >I contributed an old working MAC which included a hard drive and
      >floppys. It's probably still in the basement.
      >
      >Ron

      For the 128K and 512k MAC's - It's just a AA battery on the outside of the
      chassis. I have both types of MAC. It could have just been a coincidence,
      but replacing the battery allowed me to get the disk to eject for the first
      time. The AA battery is installed like any toy with batteries...there's a
      little plastic flap/cover you pop off on the outside of the case. I am
      sure that there is a web resource that explains the battery, I did not look
      very hard. I will be demoing the Mac in class later in the semester and I
      will by then do more research.