6132Re: [midatlanticretro] Wow! Interesting museum visitor

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Sep 30, 2007
      Evan wrote:
      > Today was the annual induction ceremon for the Broadcasters Hall of Fame, organized by our peers in the NJ Antique Radio Club, so I was there representing MARCH and showing folks our room.
      >
      > One of this year's inductees to their H.O.F. is a woman named Celeste Holm. Her husband said her son from a previous marriage is a big wig in the computer field. Now, I hear that kind of thing all the time, from proud parents etc. ... so just to be polite I ask Ms. Holm who is your son?
      >
      > TED NELSON !!!
      >
      > LOL, our computer musuem was visited by the mother of a god, and if not for the husband's offhand comment, we wouldn't have even known about it.
      >
      > I have some contact info ... hopefully he will reply if my email begins with, "I met your mother"...!
      >
      > Made my day.

      Good God man! Don't you realize that Celeste Holm is famous herself?
      She's an Oscar-winning actress, for the love of Mike! Best Supporting
      Actress in 1947. She was quite the cutie back in the day.

      I *soooo* wish I could have met her.

      Peace... Sridhar
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic