5997RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: DEC exhibit? (was: Failed work day :( )

    Aug 28, 2007
      So, I was just sending an email to Herb, and started thinking more about
      this idea from the second paragraph of my previous email (below), re:
      making a third "first" exhibit which would be "best of the rest' of our
      collections. In addition to just showing off some of our more fun
      systems, this is a good way to keep everyone interested while the club
      focuses on other current exhibits. For example, say the current
      under-construction exhibit in six months from now happens to be about
      data storage, but you don't care much about data storage ... you could
      do what Herb's doing and work on a pet project for the "best of"
      exhibit. We can also use this exhibit space as a way to highlight
      members' personal collections, and we can rotate that space frequently.
      Again, for example, say there's a month when Andy is spontaneously
      inclined to show off his Sony SMC-70, or perhaps Mark will want to do a
      mini-OS2 exhibit around Warpstock time -- no problem, they'd just use
      part of our exhibit space designated for this purpose. The more I
      explain the idea, the more I like it ... keep everyone involved, use
      more of our physical exhibit space, vary the exhibits beyond what MARCH
      owns ... sounds good right???