      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Jim Scheef
      Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 10:17 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Very cool find!

      Evan and all,

      Well, it says its a bill for 84 hours at night and 95 hours of daytime use of the Moore School's differential analyzer (a type of analog calculating device produced in the late 30's). It has nothing to do with the ENIAC or even with actual computers, but is cool none the less. It makes sense that people at Fort Monmouth (and Camp Evans) would need to solve large differential equations in their research and development activities and a differential analyzer would be way faster than mechanical desk calculators! The date is in 1947, after ENIAC had been announced to the public. I wonder how much the Moore School charged for time on the ENIAC.