5838Re: [midatlanticretro] Toshiba T1200xe

  • Ray Fantini
    Jul 16, 2007
      having both a T1000 and T1200 but not looking at them for a while this
      is all from memory, The T1000 has a 720k FD, so a 1.4 formatted disk
      wont work. Think the T1200 may be 720k also but not 100% on that. The HD
      was probably formatted and may need to be formatted again with the
      system option turned on, also remember that on a DOS only system if
      their is no AUTOEXEC.BAT file on the system disk you will always get the
      enter time and date prompt. You can just write a AUTOEXEC.BAT file that
      has a "CLS" or "prompt $p$g" line in edlin( anyone remember that!) and
      this will get rid of the questions on the time and date. I have a system
      disk for one of those systems that has DOS 3.3, and DOS utilities on it
      and can provide a copy if needed.
      Ray Fantini

      >>> "Garth" <EWRTSA@...> 7/15/2007 8:08 PM >>>
      I just aquired a T1200xe. Nice bright screen. And like new cosmetics.

      Has start up trouble.

      At boot up I see the following:

      I hear the hard drive softly in the background and the c drive is on
      for about 20 seconds or so. The drive A lights comes on for a few
      seconds.
      Here is were the trouble spells out:

      ERROR ENCOUNTERED INITIALIZING HARD DRIVE Ø
      *** Error in CMOS. Bad Time Function ***
      Check system. Then press any key ......

      And when I do that:

      Place system disk in drive.
      Press any key when ready.

      Well of course I do not have a system disk. But I am sure that is not
      the whole problem. Or could it be?

      Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sure I need 3.xx DOS boot
      disk at a minimum. If you have, please send to ewrtsa@.... Any
      other help I made need is very welcome.

      I will thank all for their time to reply
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic