580Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: 13W3

  • Chris M
    May 26, 2005
      Boyd...it's just nomenclature for P.I.T.A! I have a slew of puters now that use this connector. Actually have a monitor, Sun, which may be flakey, or is just real particular about what you pump into it. Most of my recent cache of SGI machines seem to work, but I can't get output as of yet. My plan is to cut the cable off the back of the Sun monitor, and make an adapter cable that'll go into my PEECEE monitor. I know that doesn't help if you don't have a Sun or similar monitor for scrap...
       Anyone know what are the display frequencies of an SGI Indy or Indigo 2? I probably run the whole gamut w/regards to the I2's, from lowly teal boxes with seemingly no special video hardware, to glorious purple boxes with the "IMPACT 10000" moniker at the bottom of the case.

      ahm <ahm@...> wrote:
      On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 09:33:02AM -0700, BOYD BORRILL wrote:
      > Is that the nomenclature for the 25-pin (PC) to 12 or 13 pin (AT)  adaptor?

      13W3 is what's used for video on Sun Microsystems and SGI machines.

      At first glance, it may look like a 25-pin shell, but closer inspection
      reveals 3 larger pins amongst the smaller ones.

      Look near the bottom of this page:
      http://www.blackbox.co.uk/UKhome.asp?cc=UK&pc=7&bc=pinoutcharts

      HTH,
      Andy