576IBM Series I wrap up

  • billdeg@aol.com
    May 26, 2005
      I thought I'd wrap up the discussion about the IBM Series I.  Thank you for the information received from members of this group.

      I spoke with a former IBM salesperson at length again about using the series 1.  He used to sell them, but he was not a tech.  He said that most of the time they sold 3101 monitors, which are ASCII.  He said that using a PC with a asynch card would do the trick.  I am sure that I can find the exact card part number in my documentation.  Once I find it I will make another post (to request one for trade), and perhaps some pictures.
      That's it.